Now that everyone has posted their 'Best Photos of 2012' (I didn't), it's time to make some plans for the new year. I usually set out to accomplish 2–3 small goals. I do this every year.
Last year I set forward these 3 goals:
- Get published: I checked that off the list in November with a cool feature in Lenswork no.103.
- Show my work in a gallery: I checked that off the list this summer when I showed a 60x40" print in a local gallery.
- Enter International Competitions: I checked that off the list with 8 honorable mentions in this years International Photo Awards competition.
- Build my darkroom. I really want to get going on this one and want to accomplish this in the first half of this year. And start printing in the second half. I am accepting donations. So if you have old darkroom stuff you want to get rid of, give me a call.
- Get published again. Need to submit more of my work to magazines.
- Learn how to write artist statements and gallery submissions. This is a big one that I want to accomplish.
- Show my work in at least one gallery.
- Enter International Competitions.
- Shoot more film. And learn even more about it. Learn to use the zone system even more. Simplify!
- Dabble more in 4x5. Maybe even buy a large format camera.
- Meet up more with some amazing people. Listen and learn from them.
- Explore more.
- Devour more photo books.
That's it really. If I can accomplish all of these goals, I will be a very happy man.
Oh, and I would love to hear what your goals are for 2013!
A solid list to work towards.ReplyDelete
Thanks Stephen. Definitely! And I think it's a good and interesting mix too to keep it interesting for 52 weeks.Delete
Great goals. No doubt you will accomplish them all.ReplyDelete
I will let you know Lori in 12 months if I did. :)Delete